Friday, August 1, 2008

Pneumonia :(

Corbin has pneumonia :(. I posted on Sunday about how he seemed to be getting over a cold. Well, Sunday and Monday were his best days. After that his cough got worse and he started running a high fever Tuesday night. I took him to the doctor yesterday and the doctor said he had an ear infection and he was weezing so she sent him to get a chest xray. It showed pneumonia in his upper left lung. We had to go back up to the doctor where he got an antobiotic shot and was perscribed two more antobiotics that he will start today. On the plus side, it seems to be working. His fever broke last night and he is acting much more like himself. I am hopeful that when we go back in two weeks for another xray that it will be nice and clear.

Yesterday, after all the doctor's vists, I started thinking about how blessed we are to live in a time when doctors and medicine are available. Less than 100 years ago Corbin might have easily died from this. I am so greatful that Corbin will most likely be 100% better in only a week or two.

On a happier note, Carrie Anderson and I are going to be starting a preschool for our daughters and a few others in a few weeks. We are working on lesson plans right now. I'm really excited, I think it should be a lot of fun.

No comments: