Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fun Saturday

So, I've been working on a new skill, woodworking. It's alot of fun. After a Saturday morning trip to Home Depot we spent the rest of the day working in the garage. Juan used his new router to work on a bedframe for Jovi's room and I worked on sanding and finishing some blocks for Jovi. I also got to use our scrollsaw to cut out some cute shapes that I plan on sanding and painting for Jovi to play with. Here is a picture of the shapes I made. The three on top will be owls once I paint them. I drew the snail, house and trees all by myself :).
Photobucket

Here is what we did with the blocks today.
Photobucket

So, to add a funny story...On Friday I mopped the kitchen floor. Jovi wanted to mop too so when I was finished I gave her the mop to play with. She wanted me to put water on the floor, but I told her no, that she just had to pretend. I came back about five minutes later and noticed the floor was a bit damp and sticky. Jovi proudly says, "Mommy I peed! I mop pee!". Yep, it was true, she peed on the kitchen floor so she had something to mop with. Extremely gross, BUT extremely creative. It's funny now, but at the time I was quite angry and disgusted as I mopped the floor for the second, actually third time that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, love the story. Special kudos for the drawing it yourself aspect of the shapes. They're loverly! :)

Rob & Shauna said...

love thht story! how funny! I also love how juan and jovi have the exact same look on their face! Hilarious!