Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Garden Update

The garden has been growing and growing. We've harvested all our sugar snap peas and I pulled out the brown stalks just a few days ago. The tomato plants have lots of green tomatoes on them and I'm just waiting for them to turn red. Were even getting a decent strawberry harvest, about 1-2 a day. They are always eaten immediately off the vine. We've been pulling up our small baby carrots regularly. Jovi loves to pull them, but not eat them. I think they are pretty tasty though. Our second set of radishes is ready to harvest too, which is fun.

Our potato plants suffered some sort of blight with all the leaves turning brown so I pulled up all the plants and dug out the potatoes. This is the first time I've ever grown potatoes and I have to say, it's so much fun. It's like digging for treasure in the dirt and you never know what you find, a tiny baby potato or a big full sized one. Here are some garden pictures from over the last few weeks.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: