Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Flower Fairies

This summer Jovi and I got this Klutz book on how to make flower fairies.  I have to say, I think it is one of the best craft books I've ever bought.  The directions are clear, the included stuff is complete and gives you enough to make about 10 faires and the finished products are just adorable.  While Jovi is old enough to make her own fairies, they don't come out "perfect", the hair and faces require a high level of fine motor skills to get them looking just right.  She prefers to be the designer and have me put them together.  The final product is just so cute you want to make more (I found replacement materials at Joann and Hobby Lobby).  Juan's mom and sister saw the faries at our house in September and requested some of their own for Christmas.  His mom is a kindergarten teacher and her room is decorated in faries so it's a perfect fit.  These are the fairies I made for them and a batch for Jovi.  I also tried out making flower angles and I think they came out really nice too.  The green shirted ones are my attempt at guys, I need to work on them.  The glitter looks better in person than it does in the pictures.



No comments: