Friday, February 5, 2010

Arghhhh!

Corbin is two, he is just SO two in that hugely annoying and super cute at the same time sort of way. For example, the other day we were at the library and Jovi found a friend. Jovi is very good at making friends. Whenever we spend time at a place where kids are playing, the park, MacDonald's, the library, she ends up with a new friend. They might not know each other's names, but they are friends who enjoyed playing together, ah to be four again. Anyway, Jovi went off with her new friend to look for Barbie books while I was trying to read a book to Corbin. He looked up and realized Jovi was no longer with us. He immediately jumps up and starts yelling "Jovi" at the top of his lungs as he runs around looking for her. He finds her and then roars at her as loud as he can which startles Jovi and makes her scream. Ack, what is a mother to do? Whispering seems impossible for him even though I had talked to them both about being quiet in the library, in the car, on the way in, on the elevator ride to the kids area, walking into the kids area, well, you get the idea. All the other kids in the library seem to manage to be quiet, why can't my kid?

Then he was super cute while we were there too. He was standing behind a little girl when she tripped. He immediately went over, gave her a hug and asked if she was ok. She pulled away with this look of, "who is this kid?!?!", but he continued to try and pat her back continuing to ask "you ok?, you ok?". I had to intervene and tell him she looked like she was ok now. It was so sweet.

Last night my sister watched the kids while I went out and ran a few errands (thank you Laura). When I got back I went to check on the kids and found Corbin sleeping with his diaper pulled off and holding it in one hand. Fortunately the bed was dry and I put the diaper back on without him fully waking up, but I cringe at the thought of what could have been.

The other day I was trying to work in my sewing room and within five minutes Corbin had tried to touch and turn on all my sewing machines (big nono), grabbed my fabric scissors and was looking for something to cut and then when I took those away he found a permanent marker that I hadn't even know was on the floor and took off the top before I grabbed him and finally gave up working in there while he was awake. Honestly, I know better, but was in the middle of a project and was trying to finish up one last step.

The past three days we've been in the car at lunch time (I need to practice better time management) and he has had a drink in the car. All three times he has spilled a large portion of the drink on himself and/or the car. Before this week he really didn't cause much trouble with drinks, but after this third time I think I've finally learned my lesson.

I love the kid so, so much, but sometimes I just want to channel my inner Charlie Brown, bang my head on the wall and yell a nice loud Arghhhh!

No comments: