Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Day of School Co-op

Photobucket

This picture was taken August 15th right before we left for our first day of co-op.  We are part of Denton Classical Co-op this year.  It is a group of 15 amazing ladies who all homeschool their children and meet together on Mondays for classes that go along with what we learn at home durring the week.  It is extremely acedimically minded, every subject is covered except Math.  History and science have hands on projects that go with what was read the week before.  They also cover reading, writing, art, unit studies, PE and latin (although we are not following up with this at home).  We also meet for occasional field trips during the week.  They have classes for every age group, so Corbin is in preschool and Jovi is in kindergarten.  We have so much fun at co-op and I know the kids enjoy it.  As the name "co-op" suggests, each mom gets to teach some of the classes.  This year I am teaching History for preschool-2nd grade and the letter of the week/ reading program to the preschoolers and kindergarteners.  I was really happy when I found out what they wanted me to teach because those are two subjects I feel comfortable with (I was not looking forward to teaching something for the high schoolers).  I think all the kids have been enjoying the lessons, at least I hope they have.  I know Jovi and Corbin really like being part of the group and so do I.   

No comments: